Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I insist upon finding the good

Over the past few years, I've noticed a change in myself. I'm more apt to cry when I see something that bothers me. I hate to see how bad the world can be. It brings me to sobs. But today when I heard about the young soldier attacked and killed in London right after seeing news about the EF5 Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma, sometimes I need to look through the rain and see the blue skies. I have to tell myself that. 

I feel as though I'm the Little Engine-That-Could and keep telling myself "The world is still good, just keep looking." Just keep looking. It's not as hard as it seems.

I think that's what everyone and everything should look for when things seem at their worst. 

Granted, I'm grateful for not having to witness horrible people run innocent people down and demanding that their message be video taped. I'm grateful for a warm home still standing. I'm grateful for being able to do something as simple as stand on my own two feet. 

That silver lining is so important. The small things in life. Those are the important moments. They add up to make a lifetime. I want mine to remember the little moments. 

The rain is steady while I'm typing this; the sound is soothing. So as the sad thoughts ran through my mind, I go outside and stand on the front steps in the rain. The water feels good. The neighborhood was quiet when I stepped outside. Peace.

Thank goodness moments of peace ground me. 

And then something caught my eye. 

Hope. 

Perseverance.

This little plant is making it despite the odds against it.

Imperfectly perfect. I'd want it no other way. 

Keep looking. You'll find the good. It's the little moments. 

Hugs,

A. 

P.S. As soon as I clicked 'Publish' and walk to the window to check on the rain, I see that it's stopped and instead am greated by this. 


Definitely brought a smile to my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment