Monday, May 20, 2013

Breakfast Re-do

I've been in a rut lately and I've fallen off of the bandwagon of Weight Loss. I got really sick and was out of commission for 3 weeks and then add overtime at work, etc- that meant I was MIA at the gym.

Now that my health is getting a lot stronger (hey, I was strong enough to brave the Florida heat and humidity for those ducks and didn't collapse after doing so) I'm cutting out coffee and breakfasts from our cafeteria at work. Yes, I was good most of the time- omelet with tons of veggies and meat and feta cheese but my energy isn't what it was before getting really sick.

I'm needing to spice up my meals so I stumbled across a breakfast sandwich recipe that can be made for a full week on Sunday and frozen until the day of. Microwave it and BAM! Breakfast. Done. Healthy.

Taralynn McNitt @ Undressed Skeleton shared the recipe I decided was totally worth duplicating.

So here are the ingredients I used:


I wanted to use up some veggies that were getting close to having to be thrown out so I grabbed them and ended up using the red jalapenos, red onion and tomatoes. I love veggies. Love them! Anywhere I can use them, I definitely want to.


Got the pan filled with bacon and froze the rest. Freezing ensures I'll use it next week and not let it go bad.


Cooked everything till it was done and then start the assembly line.


Press in the Panini Thingy.


Cool off.


Freeze.


Sorry, Taralynn- I'm not making any labels. My OCD would kick in and I'd  have to organize them to where they'd be in order otherwise I'd make sure I'd grab the right day. Plus I have some other things in the works. As in 4-5 things and I gotta get going.

Otherwise heat it up and eat on the run.


After enjoying it, I'd have to say that I really enjoyed it! The veggies of course made it super delicious and the best part? I wasn't noshing on all of the wrong things this morning.

Yumm!

Hugs,
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment