Saturday, May 18, 2013

Clean that Thrifted Purse

I finally found a straw purse that I like. The price of this GCC find is what I like. And it's pretty classic. It'll do for summer. 

But, as I've expressed on my little corner of the internet, I get super duper heebie jeebies thinking about what could be lurking on the items. 

So follow along and I'll show you how I clean stuff up pretty fast with just a little bit of elbow grease. 

First: a good look at the purse: 


le sac
Pretty faux tortoise latch piece. 
derriere. Not bad, huh?
This is actually more scary than the rest of the bag.
Alright, to clean the outside: I'm going to use the following: 

Leather cleaner, paper towels and Lysol Disinfectant Spray.
Spray the entire outside with Lysol. 

Then clean all the of the leather. 

I like to spray on a towel and then rub onto the leather. 

Yuck!
Now the really narly part- cleaning the inside. 


I used the following: 


Just drizzle it on and then start working into the lining of the purse with the nail brush. Wet your brush so as to make sure the color safe bleach spreads over the entire surface. 


Leave on for 10 minutes and then rinse. 


Then hang up like so to allow the lining to dry. 


Once dry then hang up like so with some weight in the purse to straighten out those whompy jawed straps. 

It doesn't have to be a lot, just enough
After that, use, use, use! 

Hugs, 

A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment